Brands drive competition in most sectors in today's world. They have not only become a key success factor to excel in the market, but are necessary to remain competitive. For Roland Berger, the key to this challenge is the customer. Therefore, we have developed a customer-focused and value-based approach to branding.
Our unique and successful strategic tool is called RB Profiler and supports your company in creating and sustaining a brand based on customers' values and needs.
Building a brand that works – Catching the consumer at the moment of truth
Across industries, more and more companies are exploring strong brands' secrets for success. The overall aim of strategic brand management is to accumulate brand value and transform it into inimitable, stable brand assets. There are two prerequisites to building and maintaining a valuable brand: a distinct value proposition and persistent and creative brand communication via the marketing mix.
However, companies often find it difficult to assess the true needs and values of consumers. To create a strong brand, companies must identify consumers' deep-rooted values and needs by observing their conscious and latent behaviors and desires.
We have developed a unique value-based brand management approach, based on the RB Profiler methodology.
RB Profiler enables a comprehensive view of brand management. The tool goes far beyond conventional market research because it also assesses consumers' inner needs. RB Profiler helps to identify various consumer clusters according to their value system. To this end, it analyzes a brand's intended, projected and perceived value proposition.
- Formulating strategies (including post-merger marketing strategies)
- Designing well-balanced global local brand strategies
- Deciding on new product and service priorities
- Changing brand architectures and portfolios
- Conducting customer segmentation and targeting
- Positioning the brand including launch and relaunch
- Conducting internal and employee branding
- Developing the best possible marketing mix
- Tracking brand performance
- Reviewing the marketing organization