Ralf G. Kalmbach (born in Germany in 1961) is a member of Roland Berger Strategy Consultants' Executive Committee (EC) and Head of Automotive. He was elected to the EC by the Partners in July 2010.
He holds a Master's degree in mechanical engineering and business administration from the University of Karlsruhe. He started his professional career in 1986 with Daimler Benz AG in product planning. Later, he turned to consulting for more than a decade, ultimately as a Managing Director and Senior Partner at Mercer Management Consulting, based in the firm's Munich office. He was responsible for Mercer's automotive consulting activities and Head of Mercer's Global Automotive Team. Ralf Kalmbach joined Roland Berger Strategy Consultants in 2004 as a Partner and Head of the Global Automotive Competence Center.
Ralf Kalmbach has assisted major European, US and Asian corporations in various aspects of their strategy and operations in response to globalization and customer-driven value shifts.
His key projects cover a wide range – from complete business design and launch planning for a high-end niche sports car to due diligence processes for various suppliers. Ralf Kalmbach focuses on the development and implementation of strategies and innovative business designs in the automotive industry.
Ralf Kalmbach is the author of several books and a large number of articles on automotive issues. He is frequently quoted by a range of publications, and is recognized as an industry expert.
Management functions and business responsibilities
- Member of the Executive Committee
- Head of Automotive
- Automotive Insights 01.2012, Client magazine, 2012
- Automotive inSIGHTS 3/2011, Customer magazine, 2011
- Automotive inSIGHTS 2/2011, Customer magazine, 2011
- Automotive inSIGHTS 1/2011, Customer magazine, 2011
- Automotive landscape 2025, Study, 2011
- Automotive inSIGHTS 2/2010, Customer magazine, 2010
- Automotive inSIGHTS special 1/2010, Customer magazine, 2010
- Automotive inSIGHTS 2/2009, Customer magazine, 2009
- Automotive inSIGHTS special 01/2009: Automotive Innovation made in BRIC, Customer magazine, 2009
- Automotive inSIGHTS 1/2009 - Automotive Competence Center customer magazine, Customer magazine, 2009
- The next wave: Emerging market Innovation, threats and opportunities, How low-cost vehicles impact the automotive industry, 2008
- The Automotive Industry's Last Pot of Gold, Study, 2007
- The Early Bird Catches the Worm, Study, 2006