Own brand management
Professional own brand management lets retailers add value. Own brands are no longer limited to the low-price segment. Most retailers are now making inroads into the mid- and premium-price segments with their own brands – following in the footsteps of top retailers Tesco and Carrefour.
Studies show just how much value professionally managed own brands can add to retailers' business:
- Average increase of 6.5% in market share from 2000 to 2006
- Up to 50% higher gross margins than comparable branded items
- Boost to customer loyalty and identification with the retailer
- Potential for differentiation through special health-food and organic ranges
Own brands are no longer limited to the low-price segment. Most retailers are now making inroads into the mid- and premium-price segments with their own brands – following in the footsteps of top retailers Tesco and Carrefour.
But this strategy makes retailers' work more challenging. To successfully manage own brands in higher-price segments, they need professional brand and product management. Retailers are gradually becoming branded goods manufacturers, taking over key value creation steps from the industry.
Roland Berger Strategy Consultants can help you address these challenges:
- We create own brand strategies based on a customer-centric approach
- We would be delighted to assist you beyond the design and launch up to the establishment of processes in day-to-day operations
- You will benefit from our project experience with national and international retailers
- Our own brand management tools can easily be adapted to your needs
- We view own brand management as a core process across all parts of a retailer's business