Ralf G. Kalmbach (born in Germany in 1961) is responsible for business in the US, Middle East and India. He holds a master's degree in mechanical engineering and an MBA from the University of Karlsruhe. He started his professional career in product planning at Daimler Benz AG in 1986 before turning to consulting. For more than a decade, he has assisted major European, US and Asian corporations in various strategic and operational aspects to respond to globalization and customer-driven value shifts. He joined Roland Berger as a Partner and Head of the Global Automotive Competence Center in 2004.
He has authored several books and a large number of articles on automotive issues and is a recognized industry expert regularly quoted by the media.
- Automotive Insights 02.2013, Client magazine, 2013
- Automotive Insights 01.2012, Client magazine, 2012
- Automotive inSIGHTS 3/2011, Customer magazine, 2011
- Automotive inSIGHTS 2/2011, Customer magazine, 2011
- Automotive inSIGHTS 1/2011, Customer magazine, 2011
- Automotive landscape 2025, Study, 2011
- Automotive inSIGHTS 2/2010, Customer magazine, 2010
- Automotive inSIGHTS special 1/2010, Customer magazine, 2010
- Automotive inSIGHTS 2/2009, Customer magazine, 2009
- Automotive inSIGHTS special 01/2009: Automotive Innovation made in BRIC, Customer magazine, 2009
- Automotive inSIGHTS 1/2009 - Automotive Competence Center customer magazine, Customer magazine, 2009
- The next wave: Emerging market Innovation, threats and opportunities, How low-cost vehicles impact the automotive industry, 2008
- The Automotive Industry's Last Pot of Gold, Study, 2007
- The Early Bird Catches the Worm, Study, 2006