"I want to help aspiring leaders in the industry to set out on exciting journeys to make a difference and to create real impact. Roland Berger is a remarkable environment for entrepreneurs which enables me to fully commit myself wholeheartedly to my clients and their success."
Thomas F. Wendt is a Partner at Roland Berger Strategy Consultants. He joined the firm in 2001 and has been part of the North American team since 2008, where he is leading the Automotive Supplier and Operations Strategy practice. Tom is recognized as trusted advisor and counselor in the global automotive industry and brings intellectual curiosity and a passion for world-shaping impact to each new challenge.
He is a member of the management team of the company's global automotive team and is working with major suppliers on all kind of strategic and operational topics. Tom is also recognized as an automotive retail expert and his advice is valued by global manufacturers and retail groups.
He was a Vice President with AlixPartners between 2007 and 2008 and has worked for Audi do Brazil in 1999/2000. As interim COO, he headed the turnaround of one of the top-10 automotive dealer groups in Germany in 2005/06. Tom has extensive experience in corporate strategy development, marketing and sales, restructuring and operational improvement topics. He has authored several studies, has contributed to many thought-leading publications, and regularly speaks at high profile industry conferences.
- An industry in cruise control – What's next for US suppliers?, Study, 2014
- Re:think automotive retail networks, think: act STUDY, 2014
- The European Car Crisis – Implications on the North American Supply Base, Study, 2013
- Rebound of the US Supplier Industry?, Study, 2012
- Global Vehicle LiB Market Study Update, Study, 2012
- The End of the China Cycle, Study, 2012
- Global Vehicle LiB Market Study, Study, 2011