Roland Berger Strategy Consultants has been awarded the "Work and Family" certificate for family-friendly company management for the third time
Munich, June 11, 2012
- Once a year, the "Work and Family" audit rewards companies, institutions and universities for their family-friendly personnel policies
- Roland Berger was the first strategy consultancy to undergo the "Work and Family" audit in 2005
- The international strategy consultancy Roland Berger offers its employees part-time programs, sabbaticals and support with the care of children and family members who cannot look after themselves
- Companies with this certificate offer primarily part-time working models (97.3%), help with the care of disabled family members (44%) and day care for children (46%)
Today in Berlin, Roland Berger Strategy Consultants is receiving its third "Work and Family" certificate, a renewed recognition of the international strategy consultancy's family-friendly personnel policies. The certificate confirming the successful "Work and Family" audit is awarded every three years by berufundfamilie gGmbH – an initiative of the Hertie Foundation. It certifies companies, institutions and universities that enable their employees to achieve a good work-life balance. Around 1,000 employers are currently certified in Germany.
"We are very proud to be receiving the 'Work and Family' certificate again," says Friederike Woermann-Seiger, Head of Global Talent Development at Roland Berger Strategy Consultants, "because our company has been committed to improving our employees' work-life balance for many years now."
A recognized seal of quality for family-friendly personnel policies
berufundfamilie gGmbH was founded by the non-profit Hertie Foundation in 1998 and has been conducting the "Work and Family" audit since 1999. In the audit, which is under the patronage of the German Minister of Family Affairs Dr. Kristina Schröder and the Minister of Economics Dr. Philipp Rösler, companies, institutions and universities are rewarded for their family-friendly personnel policies.
Nearly all of the certified companies offer part-time options (97.3%) to facilitate a good work-life balance. 44% also assist their employees with nursing services and short-term care, while 46% offer child care. In Germany, around 1,000 employers currently bear the seal of quality – 490 companies, 379 institutions and 129 universities. It puts them among the leading German companies in the field of family-friendly human resource policies.
Roland Berger supports employees with family
The international strategy consultancy Roland Berger also offers support to its employees with families. "We offer options designed specifically to promote a healthy balance between career and private life," says Woermann-Seiger. "Because satisfied employees stay with the company longer. And that is very important to us."
Roland Berger offers not only flexible working-hour models, but also the opportunity to work from home. Various sabbatical offerings and help in finding and paying for child care and nursing services are also a part of the Roland Berger policy.
More press releases
- up ↑
- Mood barometer for the German economy, Jun 2012
- Roland Berger Strategy Consultants and fka present quarterly electromobility index, Jun 2012
- Work and Family" certificate for Roland Berger Strategy Consultants, Jun 2012
- CEE banks can exploit micro business opportunities with the right strategy, Jun 2012
- Roland Berger study "8 Billion Business Opportunities - HR goes global": Emerging and developing countries have significant human resource potential for international companies, Jun 2012
- down ↓