Fourth "Best of European Business" initiative kicks off on February 26 in Berlin
Munich, February 17, 2009
- German "Best of European Business" awards given on February 26, 2009 at the French Embassy in Berlin
- Theme: A uniquely European style of management
- German-French relations are the focus of contest in Germany
- Roland Berger takes a proactive step to fight the gloom pervading Europe's crisis-ridden economy
The crisis of the global economy is putting European companies to a tough test. How are European managers responding to today's tough challenges? What bold steps are they taking to ensure the growth and success of their companies? What do European strategies mean in a world that is searching for new direction? The economic crisis serves as the backdrop to the fourth annual "Best of European Business" hosted by Roland Berger Strategy Consultants. This year, the initiative highlights how Europe's companies are mastering the crisis and what strategies they are developing to become even more successful in the next upswing. In this way, Roland Berger Strategy Consultants takes a proactive step to fight the gloom pervading Europe's crisis-ridden economy.
"We can believe in Europe because we can believe in Europe's companies," said Prof. Burkhard Schwenker, CEO of Roland Berger Strategy Consultants. Since the "Best of European Business" initiative was first launched in 2005, it has posed questions that are particularly pertinent today: How can European companies profit from the increasing integration of Europe? How do companies integrate European cultures across borders? Each year, the answers to these questions are supplied by winners of the competition. They represent the unique diversity and creative vitality of European business.
In past years, the initiative has focused on the UK, Russia and the US. This year, the spotlight in the German contest is on German-French relations. Prizes will be awarded in three categories:
- A German company that was particularly quick and effective in responding to the global economic crisis and exhibited outstanding growth over the past year.
- A manager who made an outstanding contribution to German-French business relations. The two countries' influence is not limited to European politics: as the continent's two largest economies, they form the core of Europe's economic strength.
- A European entrepreneur who demonstrates an exemplary sense of responsibility for society and the environment, both personally and on behalf of his or her company. This person should also personify the long-term orientation of the European economy.
A team of experts examines the candidates in a thorough and painstaking process. First, the business profile of several hundred companies is analyzed. After the large field has been whittled down in a preselection round, the final decision is made regarding the winners in the individual categories. A high-caliber jury of leaders in business, media and academia chooses the German winners. This year, the members of the jury are: Prof. Burkhard Schwenker, CEO of Roland Berger Strategy Consultants; Bernard de Montferrand, Ambassador of the Republic of France to Germany; Steffen Klusmann, Spokesperson for the editors-in-chief at G+J Wirtschaftsmedien; Dr. Arno Balzer, Editor-in-Chief of manager magazin and Prof. Klaus Spremann from the University of St. Gallen.
The German BEB awards will be presented at a gala with several hundred guests from business, politics and society at the embassy of the Republic of France at Pariser Platz in Berlin. The winners of the other national contests will be honored at further gala events in European capitals over the next few months. Roland Berger Strategy Consultants will be recognizing business leaders and companies in France, Spain, Portugal and Poland. Winners will be chosen based on their strong growth, resilience in the face of the crisis and exemplary entrepreneurial qualities.
More press releases
- up ↑
- Study by Roland Berger Strategy Consultants on wealth management, Mar 2009
- Best of European Business Award in Berlin, Feb 2009
- Fourth "Best of European Business" initiative, Feb 2009
- Roland Berger Strategy Consultants enters into an alliance with Tata Strategic Management Group, Feb 2009
- Restructuring in Japan: Unexpected opportunities for foreign companies, Jan 2009
- down ↓