Christian Wessels, Partner at Roland Berger Strategy Consultants, becomes a member of the Young Global Leaders
Munich, March 8, 2012
- Christian Wessels (37) has been selected to join the World Economic Forum's Young Global Leaders (YGL) worldwide network
- The young leaders in the YGL network apply their talent to social, environmental and economic issues
- A total of 192 new members were admitted this year
Christian Wessels (37), Partner at Roland Berger Strategy Consultants, has been selected as a Young Global Leader (YGL). The Young Global Leaders organization, set up by the World Economic Forum, numbers around 700 international executives and leading public figures who want to use their experience to make the world a better place. Social responsibility, respect and human dignity are the fundamental values that connect the YGL. All active members are under 40 when selected and come from many different industries and backgrounds.
Christian Wessels is in charge of African business at Roland Berger Strategy Consultants. "I am very proud to be allowed to support the Young Global Leaders in the future. My many years of working for Africa allow me to make a valuable contribution to developing the organization," says Wessels. "I am also looking forward to gaining some new ideas from the international YGL members. Only by joining forces can we solve major problems," he adds.
Christian Wessels has over 12 years' experience in banking and consulting. He has made a name for himself in recent years as a specialist in innovative banking models. "I would love to help create a robust banking system in Africa to give low earners access to banking services," he explains.
Roland Berger Strategy Consultants has supported the YGL network for several years as its lead partner. Over 700 outstanding young leaders from 80 countries are involved in different initiatives – from creating educational opportunities for young people to fighting poverty or dealing with the challenge of climate change. Each year, several thousand potential candidates are nominated for the YGL but just a few of them are admitted to the network. In 2012, 192 young leaders from 59 countries became new members.
"We are delighted that our Partner Christian Wessels is now part of this group of outstanding leaders," says Beatrix Morath, Managing Partner of Roland Berger Switzerland and lead partner of the YGL. "Thanks to Christian Wessels and his comprehensive experience in many African countries, we now have the opportunity to support the YGL even more in their initiatives."
Visit the Young Global Leader website.
More press releases
- up ↑
- Roland Berger Strategy Consultants sponsors Bavarian State Opera as exclusive partner for world premieres, Mar 2012
- Spring forecast for the German economy: Outlook still optimistic, Mar 2012
- Christian Wessels becomes a member of the Young Global Leaders, Mar 2012
- "Telco 2020" study by Roland Berger, Mar 2012
- The market for automated tooling equipment for aerostructures is facing major structural change, Mar 2012
- down ↓