your best self.
Administrative Assistant / Partner Assistant
Roland Berger is a global strategy consulting firm with 2,400 colleagues across 32 countries. In the US, we have offices in Chicago, Boston, and Detroit and serve clients across multiple industries including automotive, energy, and manufacturing/industrials.
We are hiring an Administrative Assistant / Partner Assistant to be based in our Chicago office. This role provides administrative support for Management Team members from various functions at Roland Berger. While the nature of the job responsibilities will remain primarily administrative, they may differ based on the requirements of each leader being served.
This position requires a high level of confidentiality and discretion in communications, strong professional and ethical standards, the ability to manage multiple relationships both internally across the firm and externally with clients, excellent time and project management skills, and the ability to understand and adapt to business needs.
- Conducts scheduling and calendar management, follow-up calls/emails, and distribution of meeting materials
- Proactively supports leaders with internal/external commitments in a fast-paced and client changing environment.
- Anticipates Management Team member needs
- Complete timesheets for management team members
- Coordinates meetings, presentations, and other events and activities
- Sort/distribute mail and packages
- Answer incoming office phone calls and direct, as appropriate
- Arranges office facilities, including scheduling meeting rooms, audio-visual, and catering, as needed
- Coordinates travel arrangements and prepares and submits expense reports for Partners
- Researches administrative matters; Refers questions and issues to appropriate department for further information and problem resolution
- Maintains standard documentation, such as organization charts and distribution lists
- Compiles information and populates PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets
- Gathers leader feedback for presentation and spreadsheet correction
- Prepares and submits client invoices
- Takes notes and minutes in meetings
- Provides coverage to other administrative assistants as needed
- Engages in other corporate processes, as needed
- Performs ad hoc tasks and projects
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience, preferably within professional services
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact and respond to staff, leaders, and clients in an accurate and timely manner
- Ability to quickly and effectively comprehend, compose, and develop general business materials such as correspondence and presentations
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle and prioritize multiple and varied tasks
- Demonstrates good judgment and takes accountability for decisions and results
- Must be capable of working independently
- Willingness to operate in a flexible and ambiguous environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
In case of any technical issues or problems submitting your application please contact: Dennis Reck (+49 89 9230-9127) or Isabell Schönemann (+49 89 9230-9583).