Paralegal/Junior Legal Associate
Roland Berger is seeking a Junior Legal Associate / Paralegal to join its growing US legal team. In this role, you will be responsible for a variety of legal operational needs arising in connection with Roland Berger's growing US business. Areas of focus will include contract administration, HR support, and corporate governance.
This Legal Associate position will report to Roland Berger's Chief Legal Officer in the US. In this role, you will support the organization by maintaining and updating our contract files, supporting the contract review process end to end, creating and maintaining a legal knowledge database, and much more. This role will allow you to develop the varied skills of a pragmatic in-house legal professional at a growing consulting firm with the ability to take on new projects and practice areas to suit your interests.
We will also consider remote candidates based in the following locations only: FL, GA, MD, NC, NJ, VA, WI and Washington D.C.
- Support Chief Legal Officer in drafting and reviewing various types of contracts, agreements, and document management such as NDAs, non-reliance letters, client engagement letters, vendor contracts, subcontractor agreements, RFPs, etc.
- Support information management by creating, organizing and maintaining necessary logs and systems and ensuring that documents are appropriately approved, executed, filed and tracked
- Lead and support the continuous maintenance and improvement of legal templates, forms, and processes
- Develop and maintain legal contracting metrics
- Draft and create legal presentations
- Support HR team on employment law matters including benefit law changes state by state; drafting and amending HR policies; tracking and communicating with HR on non-solicitation obligations; legal research on employment law matters
- Support corporate governance processes and matters, including preparation and management of written consents, board materials, committee minutes, etc.
- Maintain legal project listing
- Assist with legal research as needed
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in a Legal Department, either in house or in a law firm
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Recommended [not required]: JD from an accredited law school and admission to a state bar
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well both as part of a team and independently
- Ability to adapt and respond to unpredictable, heavy and fast-paced workflows and manage multiple projects at once while prioritizing appropriately
- Ability to take initiative to streamline processes and implement process improvements
- Eagerness to learn and dive into fast-paced projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to identify and escalate business risks
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, DocuSign, SharePoint, and contract management systems
Roland Berger provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, pregnancy (including childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Roland Berger is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact your recruiter.
Current Company policy encourages that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and all new hires must certify to their vaccine status by the time they start employment. Based on vaccine status, employees may have different safety protocols at different times based on COVID-19 levels.
If applying within the US, this role is not eligible for visa sponsorship now or in the future
In case of any technical issues or problems submitting your application please contact: Dennis Reck (+49 89 9230-9127) or Lena Krojer (+49 89 9230-9486).