a game changer.
Payroll and Benefits Specialist
We are hiring a Payroll and Benefits Specialist to join our dynamic and growing HR team. The role will be responsible for administration of the company's semi-monthly payroll and enrollment and administration of employee benefits programs. The role may be based in our Chicago or Detroit (Bloomfield Hills) offices, working in a hybrid environment. This role may also be based remote in any of the following states: Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C., Wisconsin.
This position requires payroll and benefit preparation, processing and reporting with adherence to state and federal regulations.
- Process semi-monthly, multi-state payroll for approximately 150 exempt and non-exempt employees using ADP WorkforceNow
- Process special payroll cycles as needed to meet organization needs and requirements
- Prepare payroll inputs, such as employee status changes, benefits deductions, taxable fringe benefits, and garnishments
- Maintain employee-related payroll changes in a timely manner, such as hires, transfers, terminations, and bi-annual pay adjustments
- Participate in month-end and year-end payroll closing tasks
- Prepare payroll reports for HR and Management
- Act as the subject matter expert for payroll system
- Support the open enrollment process, including setup and enrollment of employee benefits
- Maintain all employee-related benefits changes in a timely manner, such as hires, life events, terminations, and COBRA enrollments
- Process all types of employee leaves, in conjunction with third party administrators where necessary
- Intake and review benefit invoices from benefits vendors
- Prepare benefits reports for HR and Management, as well as for regulatory requirements (e.g., ACA Reporting)
- Continuously review local, state and federal laws to ensure company systems and processes are compliant, including statutory reporting requirements
- Work with candidates and new hires to deliver benefits presentations and help them to understand Roland Berger benefits offerings
- Act as the primary point of contact to address colleague questions regarding pay and benefits administration
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
- At least 3 years experience with multi-state payroll
- Experience working with an outsourced payroll provider (ADP experience strongly preferred)
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Outstanding ability to prioritize and multitask
- Anticipates problems and takes initiative
- Works well in a team environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
In case of any technical issues or problems submitting your application please contact: Dennis Reck (+49 89 9230-9127) or Isabell Schönemann (+49 89 9230-9583).