a driver of change.
Project Manager - Automotive
New ownership models, autonomous technology, digital, and electrification are transforming the automotive industry, while an increasingly volatile and closed global landscape challenges tradition operational structures. Roland Berger's automotive practice is at the forefront of helping both traditional and new entrants across the automotive ecosystem plan for and thrive through these tumultuous times. Our projects cut across a number of cutting-edge topics, including:
- Electric vehicle (EV) and autonomous portfolio strategy and business models
- Shifting consumer vehicle ownership experience (CaaS)
- Sustainable footprint and operations re-design
- Automotive software strategy
- EV battery strategies for vehicle manufacturers and suppliers
- EV charging infrastructure and grid integration (V2G)
- Digital aftersales transformation and data monetization
- Next generation manufacturing
- Organic and in-organic growth strategy
Roland Berger is looking for Project Managers to join our Automotive team based in either our Boston, Chicago or Detroit offices. You will develop and implement tailored strategies and business models in a dynamic international project environment.
As a Project Manager you will directly interact with clients at management level and guide module teams. From the start, you are considered an entrepreneur in our company. We encourage you to show initiative, think creatively, and take responsibility.
- Manages client projects with primary responsibility for client satisfaction, team excellence, and delivery on time and to budget.
- Manages day to day client relations and builds long-term relationships with client.
- Structures the problem-solving process and develops project schedules, assigns work to team members.
- Leads team members and provides on the job training and coaching.
- Controls project budget. Supports lead generation and project acquisition with proposal preparation and presentation.
- Provides topical expertise and intellectual leadership to project teams.
- Develops intellectual capital in targeted areas as part of our thought leadership initiatives.
- Contributes to the development and management of the practice through involvement in, for example, recruitment, training, and marketing. Supervises Sr. Consultants.
- Travels to client locations.
Keys to Success:
- Experience to include various industry-specific business models and prior interaction with key players in the Automotive functional space.
- In-depth industry knowledge as a result of education and experience
- Understanding of various industry business models and key dynamics
- Experience interacting with senior management (written and oral)
- Refined presentation skills (written and oral)
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA or master’s degree in a related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively more responsible experience in the Operations project management consulting field.
Roland Berger provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, pregnancy (including childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Roland Berger is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact your recruiter.
Current Company policy encourages that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and all new hires must certify to their vaccine status by the time they start employment. Based on vaccine status, employees may have different safety protocols at different times based on COVID-19 levels.
If applying within the US, this role is not eligible for visa sponsorship now or in the future
In case of any technical issues or problems submitting your application please contact: Dennis Reck (+49 89 9230-9127) or Lena Krojer (+49 89 9230-9486).