Project Manager - Consumer Goods & Retail
Roland Berger is looking for Project Managers to join our Consumer Goods and Retail team based in our Boston, Chicago or Detroit offices.
Roland Berger's North American Consumer and Retail practice is at the forefront in solving problems faced by clients in these sectors, e.g., changing consumer preferences, sustainability, inflationary pressures, omnichannel and direct-to-consumer, branding strategies, store-of-the-future etc.. Working with leading consumer and retail companies, suppliers and investors, we are defining new, sustainable and resilient models for these two industries.
Our current projects focus on the following topics:
1) Business strategy development
2) Product Portfolio Optimization
3) Pricing and Promotions Strategy
4) Go-to-Market Strategies and New Product Introduction
5) Product Design optimization
6) Procurement and Supply Chain Optimization
7) G&A optimization
8) Risk assessment and mitigation
As a Project Manager you will directly interact with clients at management level and guide module teams. From the start, you are considered an entrepreneur in our company. We encourage you to show initiative, think creatively and take responsibility.
- Manages client projects with primary responsibility for client satisfaction, team excellence, and delivery on time and to budget.
- Manages day to day client relations and builds long-term relationships with client.
- Structures the problem-solving process and develops project schedules, assigns work to team members.
- Leads team members and provides on the job training and coaching.
- Controls project budget. Supports lead generation and project acquisition with proposal preparation and presentation.
- Provides topical expertise and intellectual leadership to project teams.
- Develops intellectual capital in targeted areas as part of our thought leadership initiatives.
- Contributes to the development and management of the practice through involvement in, for example, recruitment, training, and marketing. Supervises Sr. Consultants.
- Travels to client locations.
Keys to Success:
- Experience to include various industry-specific business models and prior interaction with key players in the Consumer Goods and Retail functional space.
- In-depth industry knowledge as a result of education and experience
- Understanding of various industry business models and key dynamics
- Experience interacting with senior management (written and oral)
- Refined presentation skills (written and oral)
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA or master’s degree in a related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively more responsible experience in the Operations project management consulting field.
Roland Berger provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, pregnancy (including childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Roland Berger is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact your recruiter.
Current Company policy encourages that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and all new hires must certify to their vaccine status by the time they start employment. Based on vaccine status, employees may have different safety protocols at different times based on COVID-19 levels.
If applying within the US, this role is not eligible for visa sponsorship now or in the future
In case of any technical issues or problems submitting your application please contact: Dennis Reck (+49 89 9230-9127) or Lena Krojer (+49 89 9230-9486).