a game changer.
Project Manager - Industrial Goods
Have you ever walked into a building and thought about how all the air we breathe is circulated around, filtered, and replenished? Have you ever ordered a package online and tracked its progress from the vendor to your doorstep, or thought about how the product was packaged? Have you ever driven by a power plant and thought about all the sophisticated machinery built and used to convert the incredible volume of natural gas or wind into the electricity we use every day?
We in the Roland Berger Industrial Goods Product team not only think about all these systems we interact with every day but are deeply involved in working with the companies that design, build, and deliver them. From HVAC to industrial automation, from elevators to power plant equipment, from packaging to construction equipment, we work with many of the companies which build the products and systems that are the building blocks of our societies and economies.
We work globally with some of the leading companies in this area around various strategic, operational, transformational, and transactional topics. We help our clients with critical strategy and business questions around entering new markets, developing new product lines, adopting a more forward-thinking sustainability strategy, acquiring another industry player, reducing supply chain bottlenecks, or increasing their footprint efficiency. With the passing of recent government policy in the US, we are seeing a marked increase in interest around domestic manufacturing of industrial equipment and products that serve various industries.
We are looking for bright, creative, and ambitious strategy consultants with backgrounds in or passions for HVAC & building systems, machinery, energy equipment, packaging, construction equipment and industrial automation & material handling. We are looking for team-builders which are enthusiastic about growing our industrial goods practice in the US.
- Manages client projects with primary responsibility for client satisfaction, team excellence, and delivery on time and to budget.
- Manages day to day client relations and builds long-term relationships with client.
- Structures the problem-solving process and develops project schedules, assigns work to team members.
- Leads team members and provides on the job training and coaching.
- Controls project budget. Supports lead generation and project acquisition with proposal preparation and presentation.
- Provides topical expertise and intellectual leadership to project teams.
- Develops intellectual capital in targeted areas as part of our thought leadership initiatives.
- Contributes to the development and management of the practice through involvement in, for example, recruitment, training, and marketing. Supervises Sr. Consultants.
- Travels to client locations.
Keys to Success:
- Experience to include various industry-specific business models and prior interaction with key players in the Industrial functional space.
- In-depth industry knowledge as a result of education and experience
- Understanding of various industry business models and key dynamics
- Experience interacting with senior management (written and oral)
- Refined presentation skills (written and oral)
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA or master’s degree in a related field preferred
- Background in M&A transactions
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively more responsible experience in the Operations project management consulting field.
Roland Berger provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, pregnancy (including childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Roland Berger is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact your recruiter.
Current Company policy encourages that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and all new hires must certify to their vaccine status by the time they start employment. Based on vaccine status, employees may have different safety protocols at different times based on COVID-19 levels.
If applying within the US, this role is not eligible for visa sponsorship now or in the future
In case of any technical issues or problems submitting your application please contact: Dennis Reck (+49 89 9230-9127) or Lena Krojer (+49 89 9230-9486).