Project Manager in Energy & Utilities
Roland Berger is seeking qualified candidates to fill the opening of Project Manager in its US locations: Boston, Chicago and Detroit offices.
Roland Berger's North American Energy practice is at the forefront of the global energy transition. Working with leading energy companies, suppliers and investors, we are defining new, sustainable and resilient models for the industry. Our projects focus on strategy and investment in leading topics such as clean hydrogen, battery and fuel cell technologies and vehicles, the future of the grid, renewable energy, nuclear generation, and energy storage. Energy innovation is global, and our consultants leverage our geographic and cultural diversity, depth in automotive and industrial sectors, and extensive relationships in cleantech and private equity. With the strategic nature of our work, our consultants are continually working directly with clients on their most important topics and deals. We offer a highly entrepreneurial, creative, and collegial environment to build a meaningful career and have an impact in the emerging clean energy economy.
Responsibilities: Manages client projects with primary responsibility for client satisfaction, team excellence, and delivery on time and to budget. Manages day to day client relations and builds long-term relationships with client. Structures the problem solving process and develops project schedules, assigns work to team members. Leads team members and provides on the job training and coaching. Controls project budget. Supports lead generation and project acquisition with proposal preparation and presentation. Provides topical expertise and intellectual leadership to project teams. Develops intellectual capital in targeted areas as part of our thought leadership initiatives. Contributes to the development and management of the practice through involvement in, for example, recruitment, training, and marketing. Supervises Sr. Consultants. Travels extensively to client locations.
- MBA or an equivalent Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in a related field
- a minimum of 5 years of progressively more responsible experience in the energy or utilities project management consulting field. Experience to include various industry-specific business models and prior interaction with key players in the energy or utilities industry
- In-depth industry knowledge as a result of education and experience
- Understanding of various industry business models and key dynamics
- Experience interacting with senior management (written and oral)
- Refined presentation skills (written and oral)
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
Are you a game changer who views a problem from several angles to envision the best solution? We look forward to receiving your application via our website.
In case of any technical issues or problems submitting your application please contact: Dennis Reck (+49 89 9230-9127) or Isabell Schönemann (+49 89 9230-9583).