Senior Consultant - Chemicals
Roland Berger is looking for Senior Consultants to join our Chemicals team based in Boston, Chicago or Detroit offices. You will develop and implement tailored strategies and business models in a dynamic international project environment and support our clients to master their challenges in a VUCA world.
As a Senior Consultant, you will assume responsibility for one or more project modules or lead smaller projects and contribute to acquisition approaches. You directly interact with clients at management level and guide module teams. From the start, you are considered an entrepreneur in our company. We encourage you to show initiative, think creatively and take responsibility.
Our chemicals practice is the perfect place for anyone who contemplates the origins of the products and materials that they touch every day. We have an internal saying in our practice: "Everything is chemicals". There is a lot of truth in this. The most interesting aspect of the chemicals industry is that it connects to every other manufacturing industry. The shampoo in your bathroom, paint on your walls, and adhesives in your amazon packaging all have their roots in the chemicals industry. The food you eat is enabled by the fertilizers from the chemicals industry, and your drinking water is made safe by water treatment chemicals.
We spend our days thinking about where these products come from, how they are made, what drives their demand, and how they impact our world. We work collaboratively with international clients on their most challenging questions: Where to invest, how to optimize manufacturing, how to structure their portfolio, and how to work towards a more sustainable future.
Our current projects focus on the following topics:
- Plastics circularity
- Decarbonizing chemical production
- Biomaterials and bioplastics
- Growth strategy: Deciding where and how to grow a business
- Rooted in a deep understanding of the end markets that ultimately drive demand (e.g. construction, automotive, aerospace, consumer goods, food, pharma, etc.)
- Operational efficiency: How to run a business in a more efficient and sustainable fashion
- Portfolio coherence: How to build and manage a portfolio of independent businesses that fit together in a coherent manner that can be explained to capital markets
- Value chain economics: Understanding where value is created and captured as products flow down the value chain from commodities to specialties
- Responsible for one or more project modules or even small projects, including developing the project's structure and formulating solutions
- Structuring and executing data gathering including designing and conducting interviews
- Designing and performing quantitative analysis, including use of economic and finance concepts and tools
- Drafting written communication of results, including developing compelling presentation documents
- Communicating results with RB project team and clients
- Guides module teams- clients and colleagues alike – in structuring and prioritizing project activities
- Contribute to client development and project acquisition efforts
Keys to Success:
- In-depth chemicals industry knowledge as a result of education and experience
- Understanding of various chemicals industry business models and key dynamics
- Experience interacting with senior management (written and oral)
- Refined presentation skills (written and oral)
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA or master's degree in relevant field preferred
- 3-5 years of prior industry/consulting experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and database skills)
Roland Berger provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, pregnancy (including childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Roland Berger is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact your recruiter.
Current Company policy encourages that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and all new hires must certify to their vaccine status by the time they start employment. Based on vaccine status, employees may have different safety protocols at different times based on COVID-19 levels.
If applying within the US, this role is not eligible for visa sponsorship now or in the future
In case of any technical issues or problems submitting your application please contact: Dennis Reck (+49 89 9230-9127) or Isabell Schönemann (+49 89 9230-9583).