a driver of change.
Senior Consultant - Consumer Goods & Retail
Roland Berger is looking for Senior Consultants to join our Consumer Goods & Retail team based in Boston, Chicago or Detroit offices. Roland Berger's North American Consumer and Retail practice is at the forefront in solving problems faced by clients in these sectors, e.g., changing consumer preferences, sustainability, inflationary pressures, omnichannel and direct-to-consumer, branding strategies, store-of-the-future etc.. Working with leading consumer and retail companies, suppliers and investors, we are defining new, sustainable and resilient models for these two industries.
As a Senior Consultant, you will assume responsibility for one or more project modules or lead smaller projects and contribute to acquisition approaches. You directly interact with clients at management level and guide module teams. From the start, you are considered an entrepreneur in our company. We encourage you to show initiative, think creatively and take responsibility.
Our current projects focus on the following topics:
1) Business strategy development
2) Product Portfolio Optimization
3) Pricing and Promotions Strategy
4) Go-to-Market Strategies and New Product Introduction
5) Product Design optimization
6) Procurement and Supply Chain Optimization
7) G&A optimization
8) Risk assessment and mitigation
- Responsible for one or more project modules or even small projects, including developing the project's structure and formulating solutions
- Structuring and executing data gathering including designing and conducting interviews
- Designing and performing quantitative analysis, including use of economic and finance concepts and tools
- Drafting written communication of results, including developing compelling presentation documents
- Communicating results with RB project team and clients
- Guides module teams- clients and colleagues alike – in structuring and prioritizing project activities
- Contribute to client development and project acquisition efforts
Keys to Success:
- In-depth industry knowledge relevant to Roland Berger's Consumer Goods & Retail practice, including understanding of industry trends as a result of education and experience
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior communication skills
- Strategic thinking, creativity, and attention to detail
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA or master's degree in relevant field preferred
- 3-5 years of prior industry/consulting experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and database skills)
Roland Berger provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, pregnancy (including childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Roland Berger is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact your recruiter.
Current Company policy encourages that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and all new hires must certify to their vaccine status by the time they start employment. Based on vaccine status, employees may have different safety protocols at different times based on COVID-19 levels.
If applying within the US, this role is not eligible for visa sponsorship now or in the future
In case of any technical issues or problems submitting your application please contact: Dennis Reck (+49 89 9230-9127) or Isabell Schönemann (+49 89 9230-9583).