Senior Consultant - Energy
As a Senior Consultant, you will assume responsibility for one or more project modules or lead smaller projects and contribute to acquisition approaches. You directly interact with clients at management level and guide module teams. From the start, you are considered an entrepreneur in our company. We encourage you to show initiative, think creatively and take responsibility.
Roland Berger's North American Energy practice is at the forefront of the global energy transition. Working with leading energy companies, suppliers and investors, we are defining new, sustainable and resilient models for the industry.
Our projects focus nearly exclusively on cutting-edge topics around the energy transition, including:
- Clean hydrogen (green, blue, pink)
- Energy storage - we created and continue to deliver the Levelized Cost of Storage [and Hydrogen] survey with Lazard
- Transport electrification – EV infrastructure, advanced batteries, fuel cells
- Renewable energy – including offshore wind, PV, wind
- Next generation nuclear generation - SMRs, fusion
- Advanced grid design and transmission
- Deep decarbonization and carbon markets
Roland Berger's Energy practice offers unparalleled depth and a pragmatic approach to these and related topics. And unlike our peers, we're able to work seamlessly across adjacent industries – auto, chemicals, industrial products – and across geographies to deliver real impact for our clients and unparalelled opportunities for rapid professional development for our consultants. Energy innovation is global, and our consultants leverage our geographic and cultural diversity, depth in automotive and industrial sectors, and extensive relationships in cleantech and private equity. With the strategic nature of our work, our consultants are continually working directly with clients on their most important topics and deals. We offer a highly entrepreneurial, creative, and collegial environment to build a meaningful career and have an impact in the emerging clean energy economy.
- Responsible for one or more project modules or even small projects, including developing the project's structure and formulating solutions
- Structuring and executing data gathering including designing and conducting interviews
- Designing and performing quantitative analysis, including use of economic and finance concepts and tools
- Drafting written communication of results, including developing compelling presentation documents
- Communicating results with RB project team and clients
- Guides module teams- clients and colleagues alike – in structuring and prioritizing project activities
- Contribute to client development and project acquisition efforts
Keys to Success
· In-depth industry knowledge relevant to Roland Berger's Energy practice (e.g., electricity and natural gas, sustainability), including understanding of industry trends as a result of education and experience
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior communication skills
- Strategic thinking, creativity, and attention to detail
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA or master's degree in relevant field preferred
- 3-5 years of prior industry/consulting experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and database skills)
Roland Berger provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, pregnancy (including childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Roland Berger is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact your recruiter.
Current Company policy encourages that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and all new hires must certify to their vaccine status by the time they start employment. Based on vaccine status, employees may have different safety protocols at different times based on COVID-19 levels.
If applying within the US, this role is not eligible for visa sponsorship now or in the future
In case of any technical issues or problems submitting your application please contact: Dennis Reck (+49 89 9230-9127) or Isabell Schönemann (+49 89 9230-9583).