a game changer.
Total Rewards (Payroll and Benefits) Senior Manager
The Total Rewards Senior Manager (Payroll and Benefits) is responsible for the strategy and tactics of an industry leading, multi-million-dollar benefit plan. This leader is also responsible for daily payroll operations within a high profile and multi-state payroll environment. This role may be based in our Chicago or Detroit (Bloomfield Hills) offices, working in a hybrid environment. This role may also be based remote in any of the following states: Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C., Wisconsin.
In this role, you will be an integral part of defining and scaling a Total Rewards program. This position will be a key contributor to helping the organization scale and drive an incredible candidate and employee experience. This individual is a creative strategist who thrives on constant improvement and possesses strong analytical skills.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal and state laws governing benefits (e.g., ACA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, ERISA, HIPPA, state leave laws). Monitor changes in regulations to remain compliant with benefits programs and maintain necessary benefit plan documentation.
- Assist with all audits such as 401(k) audit, Form 5500, and financial audits
- Manage leave of absence and workers compensation claims in compliance with company policies and all legal requirements by state
- Analyze claims activity results to establish trends, identify opportunities, and determine areas of concerns. Report results to leadership.
- Ensure accurate and timely year-end coordination and reporting (e.g., W-2, 1095’s)
- Work with candidates and new hires to deliver benefits presentations and help them to understand Roland Berger benefits offerings
- Develop and implement comprehensive communication strategies and education materials for open enrollment, health and welfare, and retirement plans
- Help to improve employee utilization of benefits plans through clear and easily understandable messaging. Conduct annual audit of benefit plan usage.
- Design and implement new employee wellness programs and activities that encourage employees and their families to lead a healthier and active lifestyle
- Maintain internal consistency, retention and external competitiveness through the design and execution of Roland Berger's total reward programs
- Work with the Finance department, with a focus on mitigating employee and employer benefits costs and reallocating savings to fund new programs
- Manage outside brokers and consultant's relationships to maximize their support
- Prepare materials for periodic Benefits Committee Meetings
- Prepare periodic RFPs to evaluate business partners and ensure we are maximizing efficiencies, minimizing costs, and are competitive in the market
- Review payroll registers for accuracy and partner with the Finance department on reconciling the payroll-related general ledger accounts
- Serve as administrator for the payroll system and its various integrations to HRIS functionality and associated vendors
- Develop ad-hoc financial and operational reporting such as reports for overtime and budgeting and forecasting
- Oversee team member responsible for administration of semi-monthly payroll for US locations and execution of employee benefits plans
- At least 7 years of progressive experience in Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll and/or Compensation
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Human Resources, or related field
- Advanced working knowledge of ADP WorkForce Now and Time and Attendance systems
- Demonstrated ability administrating benefits/payroll in a multi-state environment
- Ability to represent Roland Berger HR team in a positive, supportive capacity
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to provide white glove service to internal partners
- Experience with design and implementation of wellness programs
- Expert administrator of health, life, disability, 401(k), employee and executive benefit plans
- Strong knowledge of FMLA leave management
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply Federal and multi-state laws and regulations relating to ACA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, ERISA, HIPPA, state leave laws, etc.
- Strong analytical and technical skills related to reporting and system configuration
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
In case of any technical issues or problems submitting your application please contact: Dennis Reck (+49 89 9230-9127) or Isabell Schönemann (+49 89 9230-9583).