the Original You.
Tom, Project Manager
- Diploma in Industrial Engineering
- Professional experience in the chemicals and process engineering industry
- Internships in mechanical engineering, process plant manufacturing and automotive
- Joined Roland Berger in September 2016, in the Energy and Infrastructure Practice Group
- Interests and hobbies: ice hockey as well as sports in general (e.g. beach volleyball, running, golf, hiking, fitness), traveling, spending time with friends and family
Why Roland Berger?
Roland Berger offers the perfect combination of interesting and challenging projects, an international working environment with great colleagues and continuous formal and informal opportunities for professional development.
What makes Roland Berger special for me?
At Roland Berger you can be who you are and live your entrepreneurial spirit – if you sense business opportunity or improvement potential, you will be given the possibility and support to get going. On another front, it really strikes me how – despite very diverse backgrounds – my colleagues often seem to "click" and make project teams work.
My favorite project
My most exciting project was the in-depth analysis of a potential investment by a corporate client in a start-up company in the field of energy and mobility. We worked with an international team on a very relevant topic and the client was very appreciative of our work. They told us that it really added value to their internal capabilities and business success.
Why I love playing ice hockey
Hockey is as fast-paced as consulting – and it is hard exercise but, of course, it's also a lot of fun. I started playing ice hockey rather late – at 16 – but still played in organized Bavarian minor league hockey. Though I stopped playing in an organized league when I joined the consulting business, I still manage to hit the ice twice a week in the winter time. I was always crazy about the sport and I have found nothing that provides the same level of exercise, challenge and fun within just an hour of practice.