Carsten is a Partner at Roland Berger Strategy Consultants' Frankfurt office since 2008. He is a member of the global Engineered Products & High Tech Competence Center and leads Roland Berger's activities in the digital technology sector, supporting clients from software, IT services, technology and telecommunications industries.
Carsten is a recognized expert in all questions relating to corporate development and transformation, including strategy, performance improvement, portfolio development, M&A and integration, reorganization, innovation, new business development as well as go-to-market challenges across the digital technology and ICT sectors. Moreover, he supports clients across industries in the digital and data-driven transformation of their business models, e.g. in the connected car, M2M or cybersecurity ecosystems.
Before becoming Partner at Roland Berger, Carsten was a Senior Vice President at a leading European ICT services provider being responsible for corporate strategy, planning, strategic programs and M&A strategy for four years. Before that position, he had already worked for Roland Berger Strategy Consultants for seven years. He holds a business degree from WHU Koblenz after having studied in Vallendar, Brussels and Houston. Next to Roland Berger, Carsten is a lecturer on digital technology in executive education and coaching roles with the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management.
- Connected Mobility 2025, think: act STUDY, 2013
- Survival of the fittest - How Europe can assume a leading role in the cloud, Study in cooperation with SAP AG, 2011
- Europe-based IT service providers surprisingly ahead of the game, News, 2011
- Next generation IT providers – The European way, Study (in German), 2010
- Quo Vadis IT?, Study (in German), 2010
- Keeping projects on the right track with launch management, Study, 2008