Media & entertainment
What does Web 2.0 mean for content production? When will mobile media become ready for the mass market? What will shape the media business in the next 5 to 10 years? Media and entertainment have never been so dynamic: With the advent of the Internet and mobile media, the industry has experienced dramatic upheaval over the last decade.
We have seen the rise of new business models and innovations, such as IP and mobile TV, online communities, portals and free newspapers. These changes are reshaping the entertainment value chain. We are also observing dramatic shifts in consumer behavior, such as an increasing demand for customization and customer empowerment.
The need for innovative business models is growing, and only those who understand how to create premium content and present unique, individualized products to both consumers and advertising clients will be able to stay in the game. CEOs ask us to jointly design strategies and align operations in order to successfully address these issues in an environment that keeps reinventing itself.
The InfoCom team for media and entertainment helps media executives actively develop and enhance their businesses. We cover all sectors: From traditional book publishing and regional and national newspapers, to radio, television, film production as well as new areas such as online and mobile business. Our project portfolio encompasses a whole range of services for our international clients: we define growth strategies, improve revenue and redesign processes. In all this we adhere to our core philosophy: Our support does not stop after the concept phase, but we stay with our clients through implementation until we have achieved results.
New growth opportunities for media groups
Every strategy approach for our clients is unique, whether it be strengthening the core business or diversifying and playing a new game. We can provide support for focusing on in house innovation and organic growth, investing in early-stage ventures or acquiring established businesses. We work with our clients to develop tailor-made strategies for their specific needs and growth plans. We jointly assess strengths and weaknesses, anticipate trends in consumer behavior, identify growth potential and design implementation plans. In recent years, we have assisted numerous media companies in developing strategies to increase and broaden revenue streams and prepare for tomorrow's challenges.
Some media segments, however, are experiencing downturns because customers are defecting to other media and advertising spending is in steep decline. Whatever the problem, aligning operations is a key priority for all our customers.
Over the past few years, we have supported companies in all media segments to improve operational excellence. Our projects have focused on pre-press facilities, TV production units and central functions of media conglomerates. We help these companies restore their competitiveness and prepare for sustainable operational excellence – each time with a very specific and targeted approach.
- For a leading newspaper, we defined a new corporate strategy and developed a profitable diversification strategy, enabling sustainable growth in a stable market
- For a well-known business-media group, we developed the future strategy for their portfolio of print, online and mobile media
- We devised a strategy for a highly dynamic online portal to increase reach and boost traffic in a consolidating market
- For a huge regional radio network, we redesigned processes to enhance operational excellence
- We were asked to support the strategic development of leading web TV and IPTV offers
- We realized cost synergies through centralization across the channels and new centers of excellence for a leading TV group
- We successfully designed and implemented process improvement programs for several printing facilities
- We helped define the infrastructure strategy of a leading pay TV operator to accommodate the dynamic environment of TV-enabled infrastructures