Charles-Edouard Bouée, a Frenchman born in 1969, is CEO in the Global Executive Committee (GEC) and also responsible for the Asia business at Roland Berger. He is a seasoned expert in reorganization and post-merger projects and integration programs, and specializes in disruptive innovations, new technologies and digital transformation.
Charles-Edouard Bouée joined Roland Berger in 2001 as Senior Partner in the Paris office, where he headed the Financial Services and Energy & Utility Competence Centers as well as the firm's Private Equity activities.
He became President and Managing Partner of Roland Berger's China office in 2006 and head of the Asia Leadership Team in 2009, responsible for the consultancy's business activities throughout Asia (Greater China, Japan, South Korea and Southeast Asia). Charles-Edouard Bouée returned to Europe in 2010, where he assumed responsibility within the GEC for France, Belgium, Italy, Spain and Morocco. He was appointed COO in 2013 and elected CEO of Roland Berger by the partnership in 2014.
Prior to joining Roland Berger, Charles-Edouard Bouée worked as Vice President for a large American strategy consultancy in Paris from 1997 to 2001. He began his career as an investment banker (M&A and corporate finance) at Société Générale.
Besides a Master of Science from Ecole Centrale de Paris (ECP), Charles-Edouard Bouée holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and a Master's degree in Law from the University of Paris (Université Paris Sud XI).
Charles-Edouard Bouée is involved in various business and community organizations in Europe and China and has authored a number of groundbreaking books on modern management and China. He is also one of only a few thousand foreigners to hold a Chinese green card.
Charles-Edouard Bouée works out of Roland Berger's offices in Munich, Shanghai and Paris.
- Can European start-ups crack the code?, THINK ACT, 2015
- Les classes moyennes face à la transformation digitale, THINK ACT (French only), 2014
- Business Confidence Survey 2014, Survey in cooperation with the European Chamber of Commerce in China, 2014
- Mastering 2020, THINK ACT, 2014
- Chinese tourism in Europe, THINK ACT, 2014
- How to survive in the VUCA world, think: act CONTENT, 2013
- Private equity in China, think: act CONTENT, 2013
- Light Footprint Management, Book, 2013
- Asia Asset Management: Consider Taiwan, think: act CONTENT, 2013
- Chinese Consumer Report - Luxury, think: act STUDY, 2012
- Chinese Consumer Report 2012, think: act STUDY, 2012
- Dealing with financial crisis and public debt - a global challenge, think: act STUDY, 2012
- Profit through progress, think: act CONTENT, 2012
- Strategic HR in China, think: act CONTENT, 2012
- Learn from the pioneers, think: act CONTENT, 2011
- China will trigger the next management revolution, think: act CONTENT, 2010
- China's Management Revolution, think: act Book, 2010
- Brands and Buzz: understanding how to reach today's Chinese consumers, think: act STUDY, 2010
- Business Confidence Survey 2010, Survey (together with the European Chamber of Commerce in China), 2010
- Overcapacity in China - Causes, Impacts and Recommendations, Study in cooperation with the European Chamber, 2009
- Business Confidence Survey 2009, Survey in cooperation with the European Chamber of Commerce in China, 2009
- think:act study - Chinese Consumer Report 2009, think:act STUDY, 2009