Increasing the value of portfolio companies by improving their operational performance
European private equity firms have been hit especially hard by the financial and economic crisis. In 2008, investment volumes dropped by 27% and the forecasts for 2009 show a further decline by up to 40%. Despite cautiously optimistic economic forecasts for 2010, the market environment will remain tough – according to Roland Berger Strategy Consultants as indicated in their current "European private equity outlook 2010" analysis. Key success factors for surviving the crisis include carefully examining each acquisition, actively managing portfolios and quickly implementing the necessary restructuring actions. In 2010, more and more attractive companies will be coming on the market, thereby providing PE firms with new opportunities.
- up ↑
- What effects remain from 2009? ... what's developing in 2010?
- Family-friendliness in companies
- Increasing the value of portfolio companies by improving their operational performance
- How the engineering sector contributes to energy efficiency
- Overcapacity in China - Causes, Impacts and Recommendations
- down ↓