Microsoft Intelligent Manufacturing Award 2020
The Intelligent Manufacturing Award, organized jointly by Microsoft and Roland Berger, singles out thought leaders who are shaping the future of industry with their ideas and solutions. They are the ones realizing unusually innovative projects in production, purchasing, supply chain management, engineering or other parts of the operations sphere.
Innovate. Transform. Compete. The Award.
The Intelligent Manufacturing Award singles out thought leaders who are shaping the future of industry with their ideas and solutions. They are the ones realizing unusually innovative projects in production, purchasing, supply chain management, engineering or other parts of the operations sphere.
And there's more: the winners are part of an existing, exclusive network of decision makers and experts on Industry 4.0 across Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
Operations Disruptors: The finalists 2020.
After reviewing the numerous applications, a top-class expert jury shortlisted the finalists for the Intelligent Manufacturing Award.
- ABB: Data-Driven processes from Shopfloor to Office
- Mercedes Benz + blackned: Distributed 5G – Hybrid Azure Cloud Services
- BMW (+ Robotron + Wandelbots): No-Code AI Inspection
- Robert Bosch GmbH + Bosch Cognitive Services: AI-based replacement part recognition
- Carl Zeiss: An AI platform to Raise Optical Quality Inspection
- DMG MORI
- EDGITAL – a HOCHTIEF spin-off: surveying of infrastructure asset conditions
- GOLDBECK: Construction Progress Tracking & Issue Management
- Hoffmann Group: Connected Manufacturing RHI Magnesita: Automated Process Optimization
- Schuler Pressen: Visual Die Protection
- SIEMENS Gamesa Renewable Energy: Optical Blade
- Sulzer: Data-driven service transformation of pump
- TRUMPF Werkzeugmaschinen: AI assistant optimizes sorting process of laser cutting machines
- Wanzl: Self-Service Store Concept
Real-life use cases
The finalists meet the selection criteria with a real-life use case in one or more of the following areas, where they have produced meaningful results:
- Communication of thought leadership
- Innovative technology solutions
- Solution implementation
- Interdisciplinary exchange
From vision to reality: The award categories.
The Intelligent Manufacturing Award recognizes the most forward-looking use cases from the operations sphere within the Factory of the Future. From among the participating industrial companies across Germany, Switzerland and Austria, we will choose one winner in each of the categories Innovate!, Scale!, Add Value!, Envision! and Educate! as well as one additional overall winner whose use case is a convincing example of excellence across all five categories.
Application of Technologies
Maturity & growth potential
Efficiency & revenue potential
Vision & Transformative impact
Choosing the winners: The selection process.
The Intelligent Manufacturing Award is aimed at companies from Germany, Switzerland and Austria that are operating in discrete manufacturing, the process industries and the automotive sector. In a multi-stage selection process, this year we will be singling out Industry 4.0 benchmark projects from across the entire spectrum of operations.
- Start: Application phase
1.09.2020 – 15.11.2020
COMPLETED: Participants submitted the essential information about their use case via the online application form.
- Milestone 1: Nomination of the TOP-3 per award category
After a pre-selection of the applications, the TOP-3 for each award category will be determined as finalists.
- Milestone 2: Pitch day
The finalists pitch their use case in a web session in front of the award's top-class Industry Advisory Board. Based on the use case presentation, this panel of experts will evaluate the finalists.
- Finish: Announcement of the winners
The winners of the four categories "Innovate!", "Scale!", "Add Value!", "Envision!" and the overall winner will be announced.